Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A divorced journey/getting older

You know. You see them around different points in town. They are either waiting by the bus stop or pushing one of the funny looking grocery carts. They are the women who have no one to share their shopping duties with. They either don't own a car or no longer can see well enough to pass the drivers' test vision requirement. You think what that person needs is someone to help them with such things.

Well, unfortunately, there are millions of us getting older. The boomers are a good portion of the general populace. In this demographic, there are many divorcees. Sometimes I think I am the only one with these issues. I became one of those old ladies with no one to help do anything. I struggle with groceries, errands, buses, and nutty cab drivers. Not all of us got remarried. I chat with others in my state at the bus stop sometimes. There are many out there.

Even though I have adult children and two roommates; nevertheless, I am alone. What did I do wrong to get here? Was there something I should have done differently? Maybe, but I can't think of an absolute answer.

I will be exploring more of these ideas and the personal journey in how I got here. No one ever tells the true story of divorce.

Laura Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment